RE: Boot Problem on 6100

Subject: RE: Boot Problem on 6100
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 09:02:10 MST

You don't mention which version of YellowDog you have, but you cannot do
a standard install of YDL on a NuBus Mac. There's a group that is
working on getting Linux of NuBus Power Macs that you should check out
at

<http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net>

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can install any
2.x version of YDL on a hard drive smaller than 1GB. Even w/ a 1.2.x
version you may not have room for X and/or development tools (the tools
will be necessary, believe me).

Cheers.

Pete