Re: Installation for a Mac G3/Beige with LinuxPPC already loaded

Subject: Re: Installation for a Mac G3/Beige with LinuxPPC already loaded
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 09:29:45 MST

You should be able to boot from a YDL CD using the "c" key.
You could d/l OS 7.5.3 and reinstall MacOS to your liking. Once there,
you can use the updaters (also free from Apple) to bring it to 7.6.
You could boot from a MacOS disk tools floppy and delete relevant
preferences (to remove the password protection); you should be able to do
this booted from the HD as well. The OS8 floppy is available for d/l from
Apple.
You could install YDL from a HFS partition.
In other words, you have lots of options.