Re: Boot Problem on 6100

Subject: Re: Boot Problem on 6100
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:39:42 MST

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Bo Brinkman wrote:
>Well, the base install for 2.1 is 200 megs, and then if you add dev
>tools and things manually, and you don't want X, you can keep it pretty
>svelte.

 I did base install plus manually added dev tools and compiled web tools
on my servers, and total comes to about 800 MB (including binaries and
source for Apache, mod_ssl, PHP, PostgreSQL, OpenSSH and OpenSSL).

>My 6100/60 has YDL 2.0, base install plus dev packages and the X
>libraries needed to run X apps remotely over ssh (but not KDE or gnome
>or the actual X server), and that takes about 300 megs.

 Oooh, I've been dying to get linux running on my 6100/60. How difficult
was it to get YDL 2.0 installed? Are you running a 2.4 kernel?

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017