Re: Audio

Subject: Re: Audio
From: Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 05:58:53 MST

Sound works fine for me after using the ALSA beta drivers. I have mentioned
this a few times on the list, but seems like no one else has been able to get
sound to work the way I suggested. Well ... guess what? It works great for me
... Take a look at my earlier post:

http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com/yellowdog-general/January02/0315.html

One note ...
I have a Dual processor G4 tower 450MHz machine.
My kernel is the standard YDL kernel 2.4.10-12a (SMP)

I have NOT tried the ALSA driver on any other configuration, so I cannot
guarantee it works.

If you get 'Symbol not found' errors after compiling the ALSA drivers, try
making a backup of your kernel modules directory, e.g.:

/lib/modules/2.4.10-12a/misc

and then re-installing the ALSA modules.

Also, I don't think it has anything to do with KDE 2 vs. KDE 3 ... I have
sound working on BOTH KDE 2 and KDE 3 Beta 2 (CVS). The problem is in the
sound drivers and not KDE.

-- Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)