Re: This will take a split second I promise...dying newbie....

Subject: Re: This will take a split second I promise...dying newbie....
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 09:08:39 MST

It sounds to me like you had a bad burn to start with. There is nothing
wrong with the ISO (that I know of...I did Developer install, and it
worked fine).

Unfortunately you can't just add the package to your CD, because this
will screw up the magic that makes the yellowdog CD bootable. I would
recommend you check your iso image to make sure it is not corrupt. On
your friend's OS X system (or any other unix-like system) run the
program md5sum on the iso image, and compare it against
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/iso/md5sum. If the numbers
match, then most likely your iso is fine, and you just had a bad burn.
If they are different, it means your .iso file is bad, and you will have
to get a correct copy.