RE: Modem Configuration

Subject: RE: Modem Configuration
From: Carney, Kevin (CarneyKJ@Reading-Recovery.org)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 09:47:49 MST

There is a issue with the modem found in newer powerbooks and imacs where it
takes an extra second or two to power-up the modem after the port is called.
To get around this problem with kppp, try this:

Go into the setup dialog in kppp.
Click on the 'Modem' tab.
Click the 'Modem Commands' button
Adjust the Pre- and Post- init delay sliders to about 200 (more or less).

Also, make sure the 'modem device' is set to /dev/modem or /dev/ttyS0 and
'Connection Speed' is set to 115200.

Hope this helps,

-Kevin