Re: This will take a split second I promise...dying newbie....

Subject: Re: This will take a split second I promise...dying newbie....
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 10:31:22 MST

on 1/31/02 8:48 AM, aug_aug@yahoo.com purportedly said:

> That's a great name for a company. The message is literally "Package
> Trojka not found, please fix manually", which occurs halfway though the
> installation of my package.
>
> I guess I will try and burn the trojka rpm onto my disc, I just didn't
> want to keep manufacturing coasters, plus I have to rely on a friend
> who is running OSX and has a burner, because toast's iso doesn't work
> w/YDL for some reason....anyway thanks for your help, did you actually
> experience the same problem?

I hadn't experienced that problem, but it may be that I had already
installed the game (I find that mindless games based on spatial
relationships help reframe the mind especially when tangled up in a
difficult programming problem--like a kind of meditation ;-), or that my RPM
is in better shape.

So to get back to the issue: are you installing the openoffice RPM, by
source, or some other package? That seems a rather strange error to get from
an RPM--I don't think it is an RPM error. There may be some installation
script in the spec file that is choking. If this is happening during a
system install (I don't recall the origins of your problem), it is likely
that you have a bad or incomplete ISO. Unfortunately, the YDL installer is
very buggy and not at all robust. The only way I was able to get around my
installation problems (I would get odd fatal errors, but not the one you
mention) was to do a full install and then later remove what I didn't want.
In this case, you may try selecting the custom install option and deselect
the trojka package. I haven't had much success with custom installs, but
perhaps this small change won't hurt. This ca be something you try while
your friend is burning another ISO.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.