Re: invoking the YDL config utility

Subject: Re: invoking the YDL config utility
From: Helena (helena@mget.nl)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 09:38:47 MDT

* Alec Kercheval (alec58@pacbell.net) [000701 07:55]:
> In the margin of page 6.1 of my manual, it says
> "In order to reconfigure your system once Linux is operational,
> type "setup" at the command line prompt."
>
> Well, I get 'command not found', and I couldn't find any file named
> "setup" using the find utility.

The location is: /usr/sbin/setup

You should do this as root, and if you su to root from a normal user,
/usr/sbin is not in your path. To prevent this, you can do a su - (so,
with the minus sign), or you can login as root from the prompt. Then you
should be fine.

If you really, for some reason or another, do not have it, you can
reinstall it from the cdrom. The name of the package is
setup-x.x.x.ppc.rpm (where x.x.x are a couple of numbers).

To configure networking you can also use netconf, or if you have X:
netcfg.

Best regards,
Helena