problem with /usr/sbin while installing on a 5400

Subject: problem with /usr/sbin while installing on a 5400
From: Alexandre ZERBIB (azerbib@club-internet.fr)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 15:36:40 MDT

Hello !

It is the 4th time I try to install Yellow dog Linux and I have always the
same problem : the /usr/sbin directory is missing (while it exists on
/mnt/usr/sbin) and that causes /usr/sbin/mouseconfig to fail, providing the
error "An error occured during the step 'Configure mouse' of the install."

I have a 5400/180 with 32 Mo RAM. I use the cdrom to install.
I've already got the last ramdisk.image.gz on the ftp serveur.

My partitions are :
hda5 Apple_HFS 1,0G
hda6 root 500M
hda7 swap 48M
hda8 usr 300M
hda9 home 177,5M

As far as packages are concerned, I finally tried to install the default but
it didn't work either.

Can someone help me ?

Alexandre.