Video Problems - Dark Screen

Subject: Video Problems - Dark Screen
From: Sean O'Hara (sean@sohara.com)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 16:49:13 MDT

Hi,

Last week I installed YDL CS 1.2 on a beige G3 minitower 266mhz. All
went well, and X starts up fine. I am using an Apple ColorSync 17"
monitor. My only major problem is that the screen appears very dark,
even when I have my monitor's brightness contols set to their maximum.
Also, not all of the viewable area of the screen is used by the X11
system. I'm hesitant to change the geometry settings on the monitor,
because then I'd have to change them back every time I use my Mac OS,
which I do every day.

Is there some gama control panel that I can use? Or is the X server not
configured properly? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean