Enabling Java in Netscape Communicator 4.6

Subject: Enabling Java in Netscape Communicator 4.6
From: Donnell Hughes (donnell.hughes@leros.net)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 05:44:45 MDT

I am using Netscape Communicator 4.6 (distributed with YDL CS 1.1). By
default, the "Enable Java" button is deselected in the Netscape
preferences. I obtained a JRE (JRE1.2.2) from BlackDown and installed
it in the /usr/local directory as root. I made sure that I had the
correct glibc before installation. I then "enabled Java" within
Netscape. Now, whenever I visit a page with a Java applet, Netscape
crashes. Did I miss a step? I'd appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks.