Re: Power Macintosh 7600/120 with Apple Colour Display Monitor

Subject: Re: Power Macintosh 7600/120 with Apple Colour Display Monitor
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 15:04:55 MDT

>You might also want to do a df and make sure you have some breathing room on
>your / partition. If it is very close to being full, that can hose xfs.

Absolutely true. I just had this happen to me yesterday as I was
pushing disk space to the limit. Suddenly X wouldn't start, with the
dreaded "default font" error. I went through the usual procedures for
when these font problems occur, but only a reinstall of the fonts and
the font server fixed it.

Stefan Jeglinski