RE: Power Macintosh 7600/120 with Apple Colour Display Monitor

Subject: RE: Power Macintosh 7600/120 with Apple Colour Display Monitor
From: David Marceau (dmarceau@metrowerks.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 06:22:40 MDT

First off I re-installed the X Server, the X Font Server and the fonts by
doing the following:
1)BootX
2)options boot from ram disk, point to the ydl full install cd, install
directory, image.gz, ok
3)press linux button
4)it boots into the redhad install tool
5)update
6)chose the the individual files option in the select packages dialog.
7)chose the X Server, X Font Server, and the fonts
8)it updates about 40Mb in 10 minutes on this machine. Done reboot.

Once rebooted, I went straight into the linux os via BootX, then did the
following after logging on as root:
1)cd /etc/X11
2)XConfigurator
3)For the monitor type I chose Apple Basic Colour Display.
4)For the resolutions, I chose 640X480 in the different bit modes.
5)startx

This succeeds :)

Everything else fails since the monitor I got is too old. If I had a new
monitor, I am sure it would display at higher resolutions since the 7600
manuals say the built-in graphics can go higher :)

Thanks for helping out everyone :)