Zip drive ibook and YDL

Subject: Zip drive ibook and YDL
From: drew weirshousky (drew@plugnpay.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 08:14:58 MDT

Has anyone been able to get a zip drive to work under YDL 1.2
with an ibook? When I boot up it detects a device on the USB bus
but doesn't create any device. From reading through the howto it
looks like support for the zip drive is still a beta feature and
I might need to patch my kernel. Does anyone have a kernel that
supports the zip drive?

Also what USB hardware have people used under YDL? Do those little
USB -> serial adapters actually work?

--
Please use the helpdesk to post support questions it's faster.
Drew                                               Plug n Pay