Install Problems

Subject: Install Problems
From: Peter J Muhlberger (peterm+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 12:17:53 MDT

I recently partially completed a YDL install on a Pismo using
instructions from Linux on PowerPC FAQ-O-Matic. I got as far as the
screen asking for install method, ran into problems, and rebooted my Mac
several times using cmd-ctrl-power. After I came back to my Mac side, I
noticed some rather odd problems--a program, Disk Copy, that had always
worked before now regularly crashed & MS Word shut down whenever I used
cmd-X to try to cut a selection of text. These problems could be due to
something other than my attempted YDL install, but I was wondering if
anyone else has run into anything like this?

Also, has anyone made a Pismo function smoothly w/ TCP/IP? W/
X-windows? I'd just like to know whether that's possible.

Thanks!

peter