Install on RS/6000

Subject: Install on RS/6000
From: Victor R. Cain (vcain@ispchannel.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 14:05:37 MDT

I have an RS/6000 that I would like to install YDL on but I
haven't been able to get past the instructions to boot from
a floppy. My computer has no LED's on the front panel and I
don't know of a way to get to the "Open Firmware command" to
give a boot command. I have had no luck with pressing F8 on
either a normal boot or a boot of the system diskette.

The machine is a Type 7020 Model 1U0. It was a special machine
that, as far as I know, was only sold at a computer show several
years ago.

The processor is a type 601 and it does have several PCI slots.
The graphics board is a GXT150P and the drives are SCSI.

I do have a "System Management Services Diskette" but it's options
are limited to "Manage COnfiguration", "Select Boot Devices",
"Test the Computer", and "Utilities". None of the "utilities"
seem helpful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Vic Cain

 Victor R. Cain email: vcain@ispchannel.com
 Ph: (865)483-6097 Fax: by prior arrangement, only