Xpmac on PB2000 (pismo)

Subject: Xpmac on PB2000 (pismo)
From: Simon BERNECHE (bernechs@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 14:09:48 MDT

Hi all,

I'm using Xpmac.rev10 on a 500 Mhz Pismo. I boot in init:5 mode and I give the
mode and depth parameters in /etcX11/xdm/Xservers:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -mode 16 -depth 32

Everything works fine, but sometimes when I logout (let's say 1 over 3)
instead of getting the login window back, YDL goes to init:3 mode sending TERM
signal to different deamon and freeze there....letting me move the cursor with
the mouse and draw on the dark screen!! Then I have to reboot (ctrl-cmd-power).

How can I fix this?

Also, is it normal that I see some pixels flickering along vertical lines on my
screen?

Thanks
Simon

  Simon BERNECHE
  Département de physique - Université de Montréal
  Biochemistry Department - Weill Medical College of Cornell University

  eMail: bernechs@magellan.umontreal.ca Tel: (212) 746-6025