mol mode mismatch muddle

Subject: mol mode mismatch muddle
From: JHS (jhergan@home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 06:42:09 MDT

Recently I installed YDL CS1.2 on a Performa 6360(Mac OS 8.6).
I wanted to run MOL so I installed the kernel patch (because the
Performa--and I think 603e machines in general--can't be run-time patched).
I recompiled the kernel, put the new System.map in boot, put the new kernel
in the Mac OS system folder, rebooted and ran mol:
"MODE MISMATCH". I thought this problem was fixed by upgrading to the
latest version of MOL, which I then did. Now I still get a mismatch telling
me I should be using kernel 2.2.16. So, before I install, uninstall
reinstall and recompile I thought I would ask:
what's the best way to fix this problem?
Do I need to find the source for 2.2.16 and patch a fresh kernel and compile
it all over again? If so, where do I get the kernel source that I need?
Thank you for your help.
Jeff