RE: I kneed real help installing XFree86 4.0

Subject: RE: I kneed real help installing XFree86 4.0
From: Adam (getafix@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 14:17:56 MDT

Actually, it wont even let me install the dependencies. It tells me
that the program needs to be installed first but when I go to install
the program it tells me that it needs the dependencies. It is just
the the chicken and the egg. One will not let me install without the
other which leaves me with nothing.

It looks like I should just rpm -i and then manual remove the older
XFree86 files.

>If you are sure the dependencies are in place you can install with --nodeps
>in your rpm command syntax
>
>(the U assumes you are upgrading)
>
>rpm -ivh mypackage-1.0.0.rpm --nodeps
>
>You may need to rebuild the rpm database if you're having issues with it
>telling you that packages you know are installed aren't:
>
>rpm --rebuilddb
>
>YMMV
>
>Don

   Adam Done Studios,