Hard Drive install question

Subject: Hard Drive install question
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 17:21:17 MDT

So, I could use a little advice. I am trying to install YD onto a G3
Powerbook 266. I had the CDs, but they were stolen, so I am trying to
reinstall from the harddrive. I am trying to install onto a removable bay
harddrive (I had it up and running before, but I need to reinstall). I
read the FAQ and saw that I could just download the YellowDog/base and
YellowDog/RPMS folders and stick them on the harddrive. So, I made a
folder called YellowDog and stuck the two folders inside. I placed this on
my HFS partition of the removable harddrive. I get to the stage where I
have to pick how I want to install and the partition shows up. I select it
and I get told that the YellowDog install tree can't be found on the
partition. I've tried changing the name of the folder they are in to
Yellow Dog and even RedHat. I tried leaving the two folders on the top
level. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

-christopher