XFree86v4 on an iMac Rev. A

Subject: XFree86v4 on an iMac Rev. A
From: Waldo L. Jaquith (waldo@waldo.net)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 18:11:20 MDT

Folks,

I saw a post about this back on June 15th, but I haven't seen a response, so
I figured I'd try.

I got the tarballs for the new X, compiled and installed 'em (took hours),
and my system didn't like it one bit. X complained about not finding any
drivers, invalid lines in the config that I know are quite valid, etc. So I
erased them and grabbed some RPMs that somebody put together. Those
proceeded to duplicate the contents of my hard drive /tmp, filling up my
drive within 20 minutes.

Suddenly, Xv3 looked really good to me. :) Has anybody successfully
performed this upgrade? Are there RPMs in the works from YDL?

Gracias.

Best,
Waldo