Re: Rage 128 Pro AGP

Subject: Re: Rage 128 Pro AGP
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 02:28:26 MDT

Richard Massa's bits of Mon, 10 Jul 2000 translated to:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I'm frustrated as I can't seem to find anyone who has successfully gotten
>an AGP ATI Rage 128 Pro working in X at any bit mode greater than 8
>(256 color) under yellowdoglinux. Has anyone been successful? Your help
>is much appreciated.

Hi - You might try looking through the archives from a few months ago. What
you are trying to do can be done, but not with the stock kernel and X server
distributed with CS 1.2. Apple started shipping the 128 Pro's after 1.2 was
mastered, so there was no way to add support on that distro.

Jim