RE: screen doesn't wake up from sleep

Subject: RE: screen doesn't wake up from sleep
From: David Mulder (DMulder@pptvision.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 10:11:14 MDT

This may not be related at all, aside from symptoms.

I have two Rev B iMacs, one of which has major problems waking up from
sleep. After it goes to sleep it just won't wake up - the hard drive doesn't
spin, the indicator light stays orange (sleeping). I have to pull the plug.
Several other things (like can't turn off sleep mode, can't change startup
volume [on both iMacs], can't load firmware updates, etc.) point to it being
a PRAM problem. My boxes are past warranty and more-or-less useable as-is,
so I haven't dug in to get any more clues. I have no idea how to test PRAM.

Dave