Re: So What's So Great About 3-btn Mice?

Subject: Re: So What's So Great About 3-btn Mice?
From: Brett Humphreys (bhumphre@p1.cs.ohiou.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 11:22:26 MDT

Hey peter,
        here's the deal about three button mice:
        - with the second and third buttons you have contextual menues as
you do in mac os. They are very handy at times especially if you have
something you do over and over again (like load a terminal). that way you
dont' ahve to go all the way to the dock in gnome for a menu to click on
terminal.
        -the other really handy thing is cut and pasting. Lets say you
have two windows. and you want to copy text from win1 to win2. Normally,
in macos or win you'd do the follwoing:
        highlight text
        edit->copy
        click on win2
        edit->paste
in linux (or unix), you do the following:
        highlight text
        move mouse to win2, click middle mouse button

and viola! you've pasted. This may sound silly, but it is extremely helpful.

-brett