CS1.2 install problems on ext SCSI

Subject: CS1.2 install problems on ext SCSI
From: John Holm (john@commandzdesign.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 13:37:12 MDT

I just got my CS1.2 cd's today and am having trouble installing onto a SCSI
External on a 9600.

1) I do the partitioning in fdisk, and when I write the table it says
(re-read failed- device busy) - apparently this is ok?
2) I force restart the Mac
3) second time through, the map looks ok in pdisk, when I continue, I get
the "error reading table for /tmp/sdb" - apparently this is also ok?
4) when I choose skip drive, the installer immediately seg faults.

Now this seems to be exactly the same problems I had with CS1.1 on another
9600 and an external SCSI last year. The only way I got it to install was on
the internal, which worked fine.

Someone on the list mentioned problems installing to a 7200 w/ext SCSI last
month, but there were no replies.

Does anyone know a solution or workaround to get YDL onto this drive?

--
John Holm