yaboot and G4 (AGP) troubles

Subject: yaboot and G4 (AGP) troubles
From: PjS (psiphi@mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 12:16:58 MDT

Hi all,
I'm new to this mailing list and still a bit unsure as to how it
works. I sent an email out yesterday detailing my problems using
yaboot to boot the install CD but I'm not sure if I sent it to the
right address or what. So I appologize if this is rehash for anyone.
I won't go the detail that I did with the last one, basically, I just
need to know exactly what to do to get yaboot to boot the installer
CD. I have the .conf and .tbxi and even the vmlinux at the root of
first drive which is HFS, but when I try to use the "c" key to boot
from the CD it just skips past it and boots Mac OS. I've tried
everything I know and I can't get it to work. I've searched through
the archives of the mailing list and the install guide and can't find
anything to help me. What am I missing? I've seen some of the
"setenv boot-device hd:9,yaboot.tbxi" but I don't think that will
help me as I don't have it installed yet. Someone please help me...

Peter Schart
psiphi@mac.com