Re: yaboot and G4 (AGP) troubles

Subject: Re: yaboot and G4 (AGP) troubles
From: PjS (pschark@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 13:19:33 MDT

Yeah, I havae been to that page, but it doesn't help me much because
it (and seemingly every other yaboot help page) seems to assume you
already have YDL installed. Which I don't. I have put yaboot.conf,
yaboot.tbxi and vmlinux from the install directory of my CD onto my
HFS partition but when I restart and hold down the "C" key it spins
the CD a few times and then goes on to Mac OS. Am I missing some
file/program or something that it needs? Also, I don't boot Mac OS
from the same drive that I have the HFS partition on, but it does
have OS 9 on it and even if I select that as the startup disk and
then hold down "c" it just loads that OS 9. Ugh. I don't know what
to do... I can't do it the OF way because I don't have or know what
hd:X or whatever, I don't even have it installed.

peter schart
psiphi@mac.com