Re: monitor colors

Subject: Re: monitor colors
From: Pat Plummer (ppat@micron.net)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 19:22:46 MDT

I think I figured out a work around/kludge the monitor colors getting
deranged when the screen blanks-- it seems the "power_saver" option set by
the XF86Config file controls this screen blanking, but I can't figure out
how to disable it or to modify its actions. Just commenting out the line
doesn't work as this just causes the color derangement occur when X starts
up.

It says to check the man pages, but I can find nothing useful. This is what
drove me to explore using XFree86 4.0 only to run into certain problems as I
have outlined elswhere :) .

Any one have some experience with XFree86 3.x (I have CS 1.2) on an iMac DV?
Or words of wisdom on the new kernel/XF86 4.0 install :) ?

Pat Plummer, MD
ppat@micron.net
ppat@mac.com