Re: CS1.2 install problems on ext SCSI

Subject: Re: CS1.2 install problems on ext SCSI
From: Anthony Lau (ender@starbase.neosoft.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 21:23:35 MDT

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Sy or Ursula Bensky wrote:

> Subject: Re: CS1.2 install problems on ext SCSI
>
> I think that teher is something in the install or startup instructions
> about CS1.2 not working on SCSI drives.
>
> Sy

I have CS1.2 installed onto an external SCSI device. Only 3 partitions
reside on this drive: a small 32Mb HFS, "/", and swap.

I'm running CD1.2 on a Starmax 4000.

> At 03:37 PM 07-14-00 -0400, you wrote:
> >I just got my CS1.2 cd's today and am having trouble installing onto a SCSI
> >External on a 9600.
> >
> >1) I do the partitioning in fdisk, and when I write the table it says
> >(re-read failed- device busy) - apparently this is ok?
> >2) I force restart the Mac

At this point, I just skipped drive and the installer took me over to the
next step. Maybe the force restart ruined something. Have you tried it over
from the first step of reinitializing your Linux partitions?

Anthony Lau I G ender@neosoft.com
Post-Doctoral Associate N M U O al691019@
Developmental Biology A E IS S I! bcm.tmc.edu