RE: Shutdown & Restart

Subject: RE: Shutdown & Restart
From: bittin_s (bittin_s@cc.denison.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 08:23:13 MDT

Robert, just type "shutdown -r now" (minus quotes of course) to restart, or
type "shutdown -h now" (again without the quotes) to shutdown right away.
There is a way to have the restart or shutdown happen after a certain length
of time, unfortunately I don't remember the context (you replace the now with
something else, I can't remember what though). That's about it. Oh yeah, in
case you wonder for any reason the "h" stands for "halt" and the "r" for
"reboot."

-rogan

P.S. you can also type reboot and halt if you feel so inclined.