Re: CS1.2 install problems on ext SCSI

Subject: Re: CS1.2 install problems on ext SCSI
From: John Holm (john@commandzdesign.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 16:00:42 MDT

Ok I've partially solved the problem. I disconnected the power to the
internal zip drive in the 9600, and the install worked fine.

I was hoping this was just an installer issue, but after setting up
everything, I connected the power back to the internal zip, and I get a
kernel panic and scsi disk i/o error, unable to read partition table, etc.
Without the Zip turned on, everything still works fine.

I tried changing the scsi id of the external drive with linux on it, and it
didn't make a difference. Something about the zip drive on the internal bus
is causing a problem.

Any suggestions? (other than opening the mac and unhooking the power cables
to the zip every time I want to boot into Linux)

--
John Holm
john@commandzdesign.com