Re: Installing OpenSSH: help

Subject: Re: Installing OpenSSH: help
From: Darron Froese (darron@froese.org)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 12:53:42 MDT

on 7/18/00 10:20 AM, Brett Humphreys at bhumphre@p1.cs.ohiou.edu wrote:

> Unfortunately i scoure the documentation, and there isn't even an install
> doc. below is what i've got in my ssh dir after untarring and gunziping the
> tarball. No install, no config no configure.. i'm a bit stumped. I got
> the openssh-2.1.1.tzg off of the www.openssh.com ftpsite. So I guess i'll
> try a different tarball & version and see if that will help at all

There's something wrong with that version that you downloaded - try this
one:

<ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/openssh-2.1.1p4.tar.gz>

It's got all of the pieces that you need - I usually configure mine like
this:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-tcp-wrappers
make
make install

Follow the directions in the INSTALL file if you want more info.

--
Darron
darron@froese.org