Re: Sound woes again (please help)

Subject: Re: Sound woes again (please help)
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 12:41:28 MDT

When logged in as root type "lsmod" to list loaded modules. If dmasound
is not listed type "modprobe dmasound", then try kmix, etc. If they
work then the problem is that the kernel isn't loading dmasound
automagically as needed. I tore out a bit of what little hair I have
tracking a problem like this down - it turned out I had misspelled the
module name in /etc/conf.modules - if this isn't the problem perhaps a
more experienced module type will chime in.

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

---Ronnie Shakes