Re: Sound woes again (please help)

Subject: Re: Sound woes again (please help)
From: Micah (mbregman@pomona.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 15:06:52 MDT

Hello All-
I am having exactly the same problem as William, but have not experienced any crashes. I, too, get the
kmix: could not write to mixer error. My conf.modules file contains one line: "alias sound dmasound". Strangely, if I try to type lsmod as root (As per Ed Jaeger's suggestion) I get the error "lsmod: command not found." I also get "modprobe: command not found" when trying to modprobe dmasound. I am quite new to linux, and getting this sound working on my B&W G3 running CS
1.2 is currently my biggest issue. Everything else works great, but I'd really like any ideas on what packages to install/reinstall or what other magic wands to wave to get this fixed. I really appreciate any help.

--Micah Bregman