Re: Sound woes again (please help)

Subject: Re: Sound woes again (please help)
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 17:37:20 MDT

Here's what I have:

[root@laura /root]# lsmod
Module Size Used by
tulip 35768 1 (autoclean)
dmasound 30148 0
soundcore 3456 3 [dmasound]

[root@laura /root]# kmix

[root@laura /root]# lsmod
Module Size Used by
tulip 35768 1 (autoclean)
dmasound 30148 0
soundcore 3456 3 [dmasound]

[root@laura /root]# grep sound /var/log/dmesg
DMA sound driver installed, using 4 buffers of 32k.

[root@laura /root]# cat /etc/conf.modules
alias eth0 tulip
alias sound dmasound

kmix just brought up the mixer with no errors. I don't have an "audio"
module loaded, either before or after I run kmix. I don't know what
significance this has, but I've got sound in YDL and MoL. Perhaps try
"rmmod audio" and then "kmix"???

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

---Ronnie Shakes