Problem with Orange Micro SCSI and Installer

Subject: Problem with Orange Micro SCSI and Installer
From: Tom Crow (crowtl@nswc.navy.mil)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 14:38:57 MDT

Hi,

I'm trying to install Champion Server 1.2 on a PM 7500 with an add-on
Orange Micro Grappler SCSI card ( to which my external HD is attached
). My problem is that the installer is not seeing the HD on the
controller. I checked the FAQ's available at Yellow Dog to no avail (
no mention of Orange Micro period ). Has anyone run into this one
before, and if so, is there a work-around?

Thanks,
Tom

( Eventually, I'm going to get a G4 and migrate the SCSI card and HD
there; otherwise I would just use the built-in SCSI on the 7500 )

--
Tom Crow
crowtl@nswc.navy.mil