Re: serious appletalk permissions problem

Subject: Re: serious appletalk permissions problem
From: Prodoehl, Peter (PPRODOEHL@QGRAPH.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 15:00:00 MDT

>Honestly though, your best bet is to use an FTP client anyway and stop
>using AppleTalk altogether (even Apple is dropping AppleTalk). Try
>Anarchie or NetFinder, both are really handy FTP clients

I'm wondering if it makes a difference if it's AppleTalk, or AppleTalk
over IP (which is what I'm using.)

My (somewhat) related question is, can I set it up so that when files
are copied from the Mac via AppleTalk, they are given the proper permissions?

Meaning can I map all files ending with .pl .cgi .php3 to have the
executable bit set?

thanks...

Pete