Re: Problem with Orange Micro SCSI and Installer

Subject: Re: Problem with Orange Micro SCSI and Installer
From: Neil Leatherbury (neil@obi.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 15:08:49 MDT

My understanding is that you need kernel support compiled in for the SCSI
adapter, so you can't just install on a hard drive connected to the internal
and then change the connection to the adapter.

I also understand that OrangeMicro uses Advansys chips on their cards.
Looking at http://advansys.com/support/software/os/linux.htm, PPC support is
"on the way".

Sorry! I'm frustrated too!

NeilL