Re: VooDoo 5

Subject: Re: VooDoo 5
From: Tom Tarka (tommy@mp3.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 16:38:18 MDT

bryce wrote:

> Hi all, i just purchased a 3dfx Voodoo 5000
>
> and i was just wondering what i'll need to do to get support on it for my ydl.
> According to Xfree86, they have support for the VooDoo 3.
>
> but what i'm basically concerned about is whether this is a kernel issue... aka
> there has to be something recomplied in the kernel, or do i just wait around
> for it to show up in xfree86 4.0.2.
>
> Anyone got any ideas????

my attempts to get non-Mac PCI cards that were supported by XF86 4.x to
work have proven pretty fruitless so far. The cards I've played with are:
    - a generic ATI Mach 64
    - S3 Virge
    - generic S3 card

and I've tried the ati, vga, s3virge drivers (IIRC).

I haven't attempted any of this with XF86 4.0.2, only 4.0 and 4.0.1.

if you have any success, please let me know...

    -t