Re: ANS & YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: ANS & YDL 2.0
From: Pat Plummer (ppat@micron.net)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 08:33:46 MDT

Tim Tuck wrote:

>Has anyone succesfully installed YDL 2 on an ANS yet ?

I don't think so --short of buying an ANS from YDL directly or sending a
drive to the nice folks at YDL to have 2.0 installed by them. Right now, I
believe that you are stuck doing a manual upgrade to 2.0. I tried, but
stopped as the dependency problems were too daunting (for me, anyway).

>I noticed that there is an installer.coff on the CD in a folder called
>ANS but its 4Mb so it wont fit on a floppy - I tried booting the CD from
>the ANS but no joy.

As I understand it, since the Open Firmware on the ANS only understands HFS
and FAT, it can't use iso9660 as a valid format. This problem is apparently
being worked on.

>The ANS currently has ydl 1.2.1 on it so if there's an upgrade path
>using the CD that would be even better than blowing it away.

Hollis says that a script which would update from 1.2.x to 2.0 is being
worked on.

HTH,

Pat

--