YDL2.0 font issues

Subject: YDL2.0 font issues
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 23:05:06 MDT

Hi,

Under OpenOffice-632 (soon to be released) I was able to enjoy anti-aliased
fonts. Now since I have upgraded from my own XFree 4.0.2 to that supplied
from YDL 2.0, my ability to see anti-aliased fonts has gone away.

Is this a xfs issue?, an XFree 4.0.2 issue?, a KDE issue (the desktop I use)?

Also, looking at XF86Config-4, I see the xfs line commented out. There is
the following comment in its place:

# By default, YDL 2.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.

        #FontPath "unix/:7100" # local font server

Should this line have been commented out? Are you using xfs? If so, what
port is xfs running on? I am confused. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Kevin