Re: Crtl C; should be just "C" key---something else

Subject: Re: Crtl C; should be just "C" key---something else
From: perry phillips (pm_perry@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 17:24:33 MDT

Hi Kevin,

I started to write another note after I sent this, anticipating further problems. I want
to kick this back to the YDL list since I don't have a working Mac w/YDL which could help
me sort this out.

Can you boot a Mac OS CD? I assume so. In which case, it must be a finicky configuration
issue with the CD/DVD ROM drive?

I don't know why your internal CD doesn't want to boot YDL. (odd bootpath? unrecognized
internal CD?)

You could try booting from Open Firmware. To get to OF, reboot to "command + option + 'o'
+ 'f'"

The command to boot the CD from OF would be "boot your-cd-device-name,\\:tbxi" --- but
I'm not sure what your cd device name is/ should be.

Maybe at the OF prompt, type "devalias" for a clue? or ...
my wild guess would be ide0 or ide1? but maybe try ide0:1?

Someone else on the list may have some ideas or, better, the answer!

Sorry I couldn't help more,
regards,
perry phillips