Re: Wheres the yaboot?

Subject: Re: Wheres the yaboot?
From: Ted Goranson (tedg@sirius-beta.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 22:11:40 MDT

>Ok, installed a minimal system on a spare drive, formatted as hfs -
>install went beautifully, installed YDL 2, install went beautifully.
>boot partition (10 MB is on hda 11)
>
>now, wasn't is supposed to have installed a yaboot and yaboot.conf
>file into the system folder on that small Mac OS partition?
>
>Well, i have nothing but the plain system files i started with
>originally - or are they done differently from YDL 1.2.1?
>
>anyway, and clues on this, and what i have to do to boot to the new install.
>
>Thanks for any insight.

 From a newbie to perhaps a newbie.

(forgive me if this is too simple an answer.)

Your install made three new partitions when you installed. One is the
boot partition. None of these are visible to you in the Mac mode. YDL
adds nothing to any mac partition. As I understand, it does tinker
with OpenBoot, but that involves nothing on the Mac Disks.

You should now simply get a yaboot prompt on startup. If not,
something's wrong.

Best, Ted

--
Ted Goranson