Re: RPM Ignorance & defining file location

Subject: Re: RPM Ignorance & defining file location
From: perry phillips (pm_perry@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 01:41:11 MDT

Hi Ted,

So, you've downloaded some .rpm file to your desktop (which user's
desktop?).

The basic command is (from the root prompt): "rpm -i vh yourmodule.rpm"
(install & show hash marks & v for nicer display)-- that assumes
yourmodule.rpm is in the current directory from which you are issuing
the command.

I think the mistake is that you haven't told your computer exactly where
yourmodule.rpm is.

If it was on a CD, the command might be: rpm -ivh
/mnt/cdrom/whatever/wherever/yourmodule.rpm

or

If at a ftp site: rpm -ivh
ftp://yourfavoriteftpsite.org/directory/blah/yourmodule.rpm

regards,
perry phillips

Still setting up... But learning.