Re: Wheres the yaboot?

Subject: Re: Wheres the yaboot?
From: BX (Bitch_Trix@mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 03:35:57 MDT

At 00:11 -0400 07/03/01, Ted Goranson wrote:

>From a newbie to perhaps a newbie.

Not quite, i did buy and run YDL 1.2.1, but not a lot - got to
tinkering with OS X, so it got shoved aside a bit... just been a
while and i forgot a lot. But basically, I'm still an newbie...

>(forgive me if this is too simple an answer.)
>
>Your install made three new partitions when you installed. One is
>the boot partition. None of these are visible to you in the Mac
>mode. YDL adds nothing to any mac partition. As I understand, it
>does tinker with OpenBoot, but that involves nothing on the Mac
>Disks.

This, I think, is where the issues come from. I have 3 drives, well,
actually 5 - 2 SCSI disks on a Internal card thats not reliable
enough to use for this - I've disconnected them for now anyway.

It's a G4 AGP, so a place for 2 drives, but i have the 3rd drive
tucked in the zip drive bay connected to the CD ROM (yeah, i know
about overheating issues in that cramped spot, but its always cold
here, hehe).

Anyway, I have got it to work finally, by disconnecting all the
drives but the one i want to put YDL on, and installing - after that,
it works like its supposed to. I have now shutdown, reconnected all
the drives, and rebooted. Back to 9.1 it goes.

is there a workaround for this? Or will i have to disconnect every
drive to make it boot to the one with YDL on it, if that will even
work - i have a feeling if i try to disconnect and just boot with the
YDL disk, it will just boot to 9.

if it does that, is there a solution to make it boot to YDL, or will
i have to reformat and reinstall again...

I wish there was a bootX that would work on the new world rom macs...
would fix it easy...

Also, whats the format to do a YUP-date? hehe, with 2.0?

Thanks for your replies and help!

--
BX