Re: Wheres the yaboot?

Subject: Re: Wheres the yaboot?
From: perry phillips (pm_perry@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 12:01:32 MDT

> >If so, then from the +unallocated+ space, you would have divided your drive
> >into several linux partitions: boot, swap, and ext2? Is that how it went?
>
> Yup, made many ext2 partitions too, since i had space to spare.

Hi BX,

I don't understand why you created many ext2 partitions instead of choosing "MAX"
for the one ext2 partition as advised?

I haven't tried what you did.. what does it do? Do you have duplicate directory
structures in each of the partitions? (more than one /boot or /etc?)

According to the "parted" manual, "There must be at most one extended partition"

My suggestion--if you want to create more "logical" partitions--use the "parted"
program.

hope this helps,
perry phillips