Re: YDL vs. MacOS X

Subject: Re: YDL vs. MacOS X
From: Peter M. Bagnall (pete@surfaceeffect.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 14:34:02 MDT

My understanding is that MacOS X does not use X (somewhat
ironically!), instead is uses a display layer based on PDF. I forget
what the Apple codename is, but I'm sure someone here knows.

Assuming I'm right that means you'd need to install a separate
Xserver under X to get that to work, which should work fine. I don't
know however whether there are any yet.

But it's not supported out of the box.

Pete

--