Re: Linuxconf

Subject: Re: Linuxconf
From: Chris von Rabenau (cvonrabe@chartermi.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 15:06:32 MDT

on 7/3/01 8:37 AM, Scott Shanafelt at sgshanaf@chartermi.net wrote:

> I already asked this but got no response, and yes I very much agree. I
> couldn't find it on the iso cd I downloaded. Not good.
>
> -Scott

what version of YDL are you using? I have linuxconf on my machine. Are your
trying to run linuxconf as a root. If you have set your machine up to not
allow a root login (I have done this as a safety precaution), you have to
use the 'su -' command not the 'su' command to run it. I banged my head
around many times on this mistake. Even though I have most root capabilities
on user account, I still cannot run linuxconf.

Chris von Rabenau