RE: YDL vs. MacOS X

Subject: RE: YDL vs. MacOS X
From: Jason Gan (jasong@documenta.com.au)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 21:14:59 MDT

Re: YDL vs. MacOS XWell, the real difference is MacOSX is based on FreeBSD.
Linux, with its (smaller, more efficient?) monolithic kernel, is 20% faster
than any of the BSDs... (NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD)

MacOSX = Darwin without Aqua (which is made for G4/Altivec)...
In fact you can install X on MacOSX and therefore have X and aqua running
side by side, but it would probably be very slow.
As stated below, MacOSX really needs a lot of memory and processor power to
do its work (especially if trying to do Classic emulation).