Re: Language Paradigms (was RTFM Resources Wanted)

Subject: Re: Language Paradigms (was RTFM Resources Wanted)
From: Andrei Verovski (andrei.verovski@parks.lv)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 03:01:54 MDT

>Where exactly is the innovation in Linux. Can anyone out there with more
>experience than me, name the things in Linux that are truly original in the
>last few years. Is there anything new in linux that is not found in other
>operating systems before it appeared in linux? What's the historical
>perspective?

Logical Volume Manager (it is not just a software RAID as many people
think!), crash-proof ReiserFS journaling file system, highly-customizable
kernel scalable from embedded CPU to 16 SMP system, built-in networkable
PostScript L2 RIP, ability to run on almost all platforms, and much much
more, see my web site (Linux section) for further details...

Despite being based on FreeBSD, MacOS X looks like a toy compared to
Linux. However, you have to use really professional distro like SuSE to
understand it...

>Most things are built on the base of previoius work. Same for Linux. Still

Everything have to have certain basis to be build on.

* Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski *
* e-mail --- andrei.verovski@bigfoot.com *
* *
* Personal Home Page *
* http://homepage.mac.com/macgurutemple/ *
* Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site *